We are authorized in six states:
- West Virginia
Checklist - Admission Step Process for LPN-RN Online Program
Applicants considering this program option should follow the guidelines provided below
in each step of the application process. Applicants are responsible to complete the
steps as outlined in order to meet eligibility requirements. Failure to submit required
documents by deadline dates will not be considered for admission.
Step 1: GENERAL ADMISSION
- Apply for general admission to the college using the General College Admission Form
- Select Pre-Online LPN-RN as the program of study. Applicants are automatically listed as 'pre-LPN-RN' until
offered admission into the program.
- Submit Official Transcripts as directed on the Admission Website to:
ALLEGANY COLLEGE OF MARYLAND
ATTN: ADMISSION OFFICE/REGISTRAR
12401 WILLOW BROOK ROAD SE
CUMBERLAND, MD 21502
Remember - to be official, transcripts must be sent directly from one institution to another.
Transcripts from EACH institution attended must be submitted.
You may expect to receive an acceptance letter from the college as a ‘General Student’
within two to three weeks of submitting your application.
Your unique Student ID number will be located in the letter as well. Keep this information
safe and in a convenient location as you will need this number frequently.
To confirm receipt and official transcript evaluation, complete the Self-Assessment Form using your Student ID and Student Email. Please review the Reverse Transfer Process for sending transcripts to ACM. PLEASE NOTE: This letter of admission to the 'COLLEGE'
does not automatically enroll you or guarantee you a seat in the Nursing Program.
Step 2: PLACEMENT TESTING AND ADVISING
(This step is for students who have NO Prior College Credits)
- Participate in placement (Accuplacer) testing, if necessary.
**NOTE – Applicants should schedule the placement exam at a College Testing Center
CLOSE TO WHERE YOU LIVE. You do NOT need to come to our campus to take the exams.
Please notify the Student Success Center that you are out of town when contacting
them, so they can assist you with arrangements.
- After completing placement testing, you must speak with your academic advisor prior
to enrolling in courses. Your advisor will be listed in the letter you receive from
the Admission Office. The purpose of talking with your advisor is to assist you in
registering for the appropriate courses and help answer any questions you may have.
- Complete any developmental courses as required by Accuplacer assessment testing results
and ALL pre-requisite courses.
- Reminder when registering for courses:
- The minimum acceptable overall college GPA for consideration to the program is 2.50.
- Science courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or better within the past 10
- BECAUSE OF THE RIGOROUS NATURE OF THE NURSING PROGRAM, THE NURSING FACULTY STRONGLY
SUGGEST THAT ALL GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES BE COMPLETED BEFORE BEGINNING THE NURSING
- Basic functional computer ability is an expectation of the LPN-RN Online nursing program.
Step 3: NURSING APPLICATION
- **ALL Pre-requisites must be COMPLETED prior to the semester you are submitting your application for consideration to the
online nursing program.**
Pre-requisite courses for the LPN-RN Online program:
- English 101
- Psychology 101
- Sociology 101
- Psychology 203 (Human Growth and Development)
- Math 102 or Math 109 (College Algebra or Probability and Statistics)
- Humanities electives 2 courses or 6 credits (Includes Art, Music, Philosophy, Literature,
Foreign Language, Speech, Leadership) only one course from a discipline
- Bio 207 - Anatomy and Physiology 1 (4 credit science with a lab)
- Bio 208 - Anatomy and Physiology 2 (4 credit science with a lab)
- Bio 204 - Microbiology (4 credit science with a lab)
- You will need your Student ID and Student Email account to complete the LPN-RN Online
- Applications must be submitted by the deadline date for the semester you are applying
to commence the 5 week "LPN Transitions Course."
- Applicants must be proficient in English and provide TOEFL scores if indicated and
must clear Federal Background checks before being offered formal admission.
- Drug screening may be required prior to entering clinical nursing courses.
- You will receive a postcard verifying your application was received in the Nursing
NOTE: You will be notified via your student email account if you are eligible to register
for the entrance exam. The Entrance Exam emails will be sent 4-6 weeks prior to the
Entrance Exam Testing Period. Dates for the testing periods are located on the website.
A separate letter from the Department of Nursing will be mailed upon evaluation of
completed prerequisite criteria, including Entrance Exam Scores, to make an offer
of conditional acceptance into the LPN-RN Online program.
Formal admission into the Nursing Program and clinical courses will be offered upon
successful completion of Transition Bridge Course 298.
Step 4: SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
Submit all 'Supporting Documents' listed below by the application deadline of the
semester you are applying for admission to the NURSING program. Failure to submit
these documents may adversely affect your application process.
- One  Clinical Experience/Professional Reference (To be completed even if you have no clinical experience)
- The Employer Verification Letter completed by Human Resources Dept. from one or more places of employment.
- An official transcript from the LPN school you attended
- A copy of the front & back of a signed, current CPR card from the American Heart Association
- A valid copy of your current LPN license OR a copy of a current Licensee Verification
from the Board of Nursing website
- Provide a legible copy of current / valid PHOTO U.S. Driver's license
- A letter of recommendation from the Program Director of a previously attended RN program
- if indicated (refer to Nursing Information Book and Prior Program Attendance Letter )
- In some cases, proof of Permanent Residence in a state may be required
- Mail all items to:
ALLEGANY COLLEGE OF MARYLAND
ATTN: NURSING DEPT. ONLINE PROGRAM
12401 WILLOW BROOK ROAD SE
CUMBERLAND, MD 21502
Step 5: ENTRANCE EXAM TESTING
- Participate in Entrance Exam testing. You will be notified via your ACM student email
account if/when you are eligible to register for and take the LPN-RN Online Entrance
Exam. The Entrance Exam emails will be sent 4-6 weeks prior to the Entrance Exam Testing
- Admissions decisions are generally made within 6 weeks after the Entrance Exam testing
phase has completed. Status letters will be mailed to all applicants at that time.
- All nursing program acceptances are provisional, contingent upon securing approved
clinical sites and preceptors, successful completion of the LPN Transitions Bridge
course, submission and clearance of background checks, and completion of a physical
examination form that includes serum titers or vaccinations for communicable diseases.
- Applications are not automatically rolled over to the next semester. If the applicant
is not accepted, he or she may submit a new application for the next application cycle
if eligible. Refer to Nursing Information Booklet for eligibility criteria.
- A current copy of a required CPR card, updated license verification, and an updated
employer verification form need to be resubmitted. Students will need to reapply to
BOTH the college as a general student and to the nursing program.
- Retaking the Entrance Exam is not required if completed successfully on the first
attempt. Applicants who do not receive the required score or feel they could improve
their score may repeat the test one time in 4 months. Applicants to the online program
may only take the entrance exam a total of two (2) times.