Words of Welcome
The officers of the Allegany College of Maryland Retirees Association (ACMRA) are
David Stickler, president; Lowell Markey, vice president; Judy Moore and John Moore,
The following is a brief summary of our accomplishments:
- Each Fall and Spring a business meeting /luncheon or dinner is held for all members
and their guest.
- ACMRA website activated on September 18, 2009.
- Four scholarships in the amount of $500 ($250 for each semester) have been established
and are awarded each spring. Click here for more information.
- Revised bylaws of the association were approved by the members present at the September
18, 2009 business meeting were approved by the Board of Trustees.
- There are three active committees: Scholarship, Social, and Communications.
- Minutes of the officers’ meetings posted on this website.
- A Chronology for Establishing ACMRA prepared to document the process. (Informal/Formal).
The Officers and members of ACMRA would like to express our appreciation to the ACM
faculty, staff, and the Board of Trustees for their support.
If you have any suggestions on how we can enhance the Association, please let us know.
We have a “NEW TEAM” and are looking forward to an exciting year!!!!
Bylaws and Minutes
- Retirement Jobs and Retirement Businesses at The Real Success Resource Center: Retire to a Job You Love Instead of One You
Love to Hate! Top-10 Retirement Jobs. Top-15 Cool Retirement Jobs.
- Budgeting & Savings Tips For Retirees: Financial advice on the right way to change spending habits and learn why the wrong
ways don't work. Budgeting is an important tool to use at any age, although to many
of us it sounds like a four letter word. Practical ideas for budgeting and saving
that make managing expenses easy.
- Debt Management Tips for Seniors: by Aleksandra Todorova Cites five overlooked debt-management strategies that can
help retirees dig themselves out of a financial hole.
- Seniors Discounts: SeniorDiscounts.com is an online directory of US businesses that offer age related
discounts to people 50 years of age and older. The website lists over 150,000 business
locations offering discounts. Includes the contact information, discount information
and other information necessary to receive each discount.
- Retirement Home Exchange: The premier international home exchange and home swap service. Home Exchange is
the vacation alternative where two families agree to swap homes for a vacation. "You
stay in my house while I stay in yours." Price Is $99.95 per year.
- Retirement E-book: The 237 Best Things Ever Said about Retirement: Few things spice up an article, a book, a conversation, or a speech more than a
great quotation. From a collection amassed over many years, this is a wonderful assortment
of some of the most unpredictable, ridiculous, outrageous, humorous, motivational,
and inspirational quotations about RETIREMENT.
- The Retirement Quotes Café: A Comprehensive Collection of Retirement Quotes and Retirement Sayings for Any Occasion
Including a Retirement Card or a Retirement Party. Also Retirement Letters, Retirement
Speeches, and Retirement Poems.
- VocationsVacations®: Live your retirement dream job or retiree business with VocationsVacations® before
your career ends or after you retire. Learn how to work in your dream job with short
one-on-one mentorship. The only company of its kind, VocationsVacations® enriches
retirees lives by allowing them to test drive the cool retirement jobs that they fantasize
- How to Retire Happy: Your true nature is to retire happy, wild, and free. Never lose touch with it.
You will, however, if you are not careful. The way to ensure that you have a happy
retirement is to have a copy of The World's Best Retirement Book by Ernie Zelinski available at your fingertips. This webpage shows you why you should retire before
- The Friendship Café: Where Best Friends Learn How to Become Great Friends. Friendship Is an Important
Factor for a Happy Retirement. This Website Offers Friendship Tips, Friendship Advice,
Friendship Quotes, Friendship Proverbs, and Friendship Poems.
- Fiscal Fitness for Older Americans: Stretching Your Savings and
Shaping Up Your Financial Strategies. Advice from The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
which has been publishing FDIC Consumer News quarterly since 1993 to help people protect
and stay healthy
- Retirement Living TV: RLTV is the website of the American cable network dedicated to serving the needs
of adults 50+ with information and entertainment that inspires and changes the perception
of aging. The network addresses a variety of subjects including health, finance, travel,
reality, comedy and drama.
- Where to Retire Magazine: The website of the magazine with more than 500,000 American and Canadian readers
each issue. Where to Retire magazine covers all topics related to retirement relocation. Now in its 15th year
in publication, the magazine may help you discover the ideal setting for a happy and
- SeniorNet: America's leading nonprofit technology educator of older adults 50+ headquartered
in Herndon, Virginia. Besides teaching retirees how to use computers, SeniorNet works
toward raising awareness throughout the legislative community of the need for technology
access and education for the nation’s older adult population.
- The Joy of Not Working Website: Features The World's Best Retirement Book and The World's Second Best Retirement Book. Real life success stories about people not working, 25 reasons to retire early,
and retirement quotes, letters, jokes, and poems from an author whose books have sold
over 600,000 copies worldwide.
- Older and Wiser
- Alliance for Retired Americans: ARA is an activist voice for older Americans and is one of the largest organizations
today representing senior citizens and their families. Created to spearhead the charge
to enact a health care program for senior citizens -- Medicare. Has approximately
3 million members.