ACM Logo

Academic Access & Disability Resources

Access Matters!
We help students with disabilities and others to access the resources and accommodations they need for success!
Location: HUMANITIES (H) 1


What you need to do?
What do we do?
  • Engage with you in an interactive process to determine appropriate accommodations
  • Collaborate with students and their instructors to meet educational goals
  • Assist with enrollment and registration processes
  • Refer to campus and community resources to meet student needs
  • Support development of self-advocacy and life management skills

Discover more...

Student Service Details

The Academic Access & Disability Resources Office serves over 150 students who experience a range of academic, psychological, mobility, and medical disabilities.  We provide academic support, accommodations, advising, and resource referrals, as well as educational programming for students and staff.  

If you have a learning disability or a medical or mental health diagnosis that could impact your education, we want to talk to you!  Our office is responsible for helping you access accommodations that are allowable under the Americans with Disabilities Act.  Not sure if your diagnosis qualifies?  Maybe the issue you are facing is not disability related, but could still impact your success?  Contact us! We also make referrals to campus and community resources that can help.

We're here to help
Frequently Asked Questions
  • What is the first step to register for services?
    Complete the Request for Disability Accommodations form. Return it to H-1 in Humanities, by fax to 301-784-5090, or by email to
    • What kind of documentation is needed?
      Documentation varies depending on the disability, but all documentation MUST be compiled and signed by a licensed professional, such as: a medical doctor, psychologist, psychiatrist, therapist, etc.

Examples would be:
- Letter of diagnosis from your provider
- Copy of Psycho-Social Educational Testing
- IEP/ 504 plans (for additional documentation of previous accommodations, but does not take the place of testing or doctor’s note)

  • Is there a time limit to when I can apply for services?
    No.  The earlier you apply for accommodations, the better, but you can do so at any time, during any semester of attendance
  • If I had an IEP or 504 Plan in high school, will I get the same services at college?
    Maybe, but not always. Post-secondary schools function under different laws than the K-12 school systems. Therefore, what is considered as “reasonable” and appropriate within the two systems can differ.
  • How do I use my approved accommodations?
    We will send a copy of your approved accommodations letter to your instructors

    You are responsible for talking to each instructor about using those accommodations

  • What information is shared with my instructors?
    That you are enrolled with the Academic Access and Disability Resources Office.

    Your approved accommodations

    We will send a copy of your approved accommodations letter to your instructors. You are responsible for talking to each instructor about using those accommodations.
  • I have a GED or External Diploma. Can I attend college?
    Yes, either one is considered the equivalent of a high school diploma and qualifies you to attend ACM.


Meet the Staff

Our experienced, knowledgeable staff are excited to share their expertise with you.

Dr. June Bracken 
Director, Academic Access & Disability Resources

Humanities H1/H3

B.A., Gordon College
M.Ed., University of Virginia
Ed.D., West Virginia University

Dione Clark-Trub 
Coordinator, Academic Access & Disability Resources

Humanities H2

A.A., Allegany College of Maryland
B.S., Frostburg State University
Graduate Certificate, University of MD

Stacey Jeffries 
Office Manager, Academic Access & Disability Resources

Humanities H1

A.A.S., Garrett College

Search for a program or interest