What will you learn?
- Better learning habits, study strategies, and goal setting
- Specific math skills you need to move forward in your college-level math course and
in your program
- Writing and reading skills that will enhance your communication for college and career
- How to adapt to academic and on-the-job demands
What will you do?
- Work with teachers who care about you and your success
- Evaluate your own strengths, interests, and priorities
- Use computer software that is individualized for your needs
- Read current articles to discuss and analyze with classmates
- Write about topics that interest you, and then get valuable feedback to make improvements.
- Get professional writing support for any of your courses at ACM in the Reading and
Writing Center (RAWC)
Discover what others are saying about ACM Academic Development – click an image below.
Program Goals & Learning Outcomes
- Students will acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to be successful
in college-level courses and in life.
- In Math, use the arithmetic, algebra, or statistics needed to solve meaningful problems.
- In English, write a well-developed essay that uses appropriate academic conventions.
- In Reading, summarize key points from a text with an understanding of author's purpose.
- In Student Development, demonstrate improved academic skills, including organizational
strategies, study skills, and communications skills.
Meet the Faculty
Our experienced, knowledgeable faculty and staff are excited to share their expertise
with you and prepare you to succeed.