Connecting an Android Device to the ACM Wireless Network
Menu options and network settings may differ based on device and version of Windows.
Before you start:
You must be aware of and abide by ACM Technology Policies.
You will need your ACM Self-Service credentials in order to connect to ACM Wi-Fi.
*If you are not a student or ACM Faculty/Staff member, you may connect to the ACM Guest Network
- On your device, navigate to Settings, then choose Wi-Fi
*name may differ depending on device, Wi-Fi may be found under Connection, Network,
Internet, or Wireless
- Confirm that Wi-Fi is set to On
- ACM should be automatically detected if you are in range/on campus
- Select ACM
- Select the following:
- EAP method: PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2
- CA certificate: Do not validate
*depending on device, you may need to first choose "Use System Certificates, then
"Do not validate”
- Domain: allegany.edu
*on some devices, clearpass.allegany.edu may need to be entered in the domain field
- Enter your ACM Self-Service username in the Identity field
- Enter your ACM Self-Service password in the Password field
- Tap Connect
- ACM should now show as Connected
If you are having trouble getting connected, please contact the HelpDesk at 301-784-5444,
, or go to room T115 in the Technology Building for assistance.