COLLEGE STUDENT CHECK LIST
Step 1: APPLICATION
- Apply to Allegany College of Maryland with Nursing listed as your intended major, if not
Step 2: ACM PLACEMENT EXAM
- If never attended college; take ACM placement exam. Complete prerequisites according to placement scores.
Step 3: OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS
- If attending another college, have official transcripts sent from your transfer school
to the Admissions and Registration office at ACM.
Step 4: ADVANCED STANDING APPLICATION
- Once ALL placement prerequisites are complete or you are ready for English 101, Math
102 or 109 and are currently enrolled in Bio 207 or have completed Bio 207: Apply
to the nursing program (Separate application sent to the Nursing Department).
Step 5: NURSING ENTRANCE TEST
- The HESI A2 is part of the entrance requirements for the Nursing program. If you are
interested in applying for a Spring semester you must take the HESI A2 by September
30. If you are interested in applying for a Fall semester you must take the HESI A2
by February 28. The exams will only be available during the months of February and
September. Please see the HESI A2 Nursing Admission Exam Instructions for more information.