Step by Step - process for Admission to the Nursing Program for Center for Career and Technical Education
Academy of Health Professions
Step 1: APPLICATION
Step 2: ACM NURSING APPLICATION
- Students must complete the ACM nursing application by February 28th for the fall semester or September 30th for the spring semester
following their senior year.
Step 3: LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
- Along with the nursing application, students must submit a written letter of recommendation
from the CCTE Academy of Health Occupations Academy Director. Letter needs to be mailed
from the director to the Assistant Nursing Program Director.
Step 4: STUDENT TRANSCRIPT
- Students must meet the placement requirements for multiple measures. Students must
submit a copy of their high school transcript by February 28th of their senior year.
Final high school transcripts must be submitted after graduation.
Step 5: CREDIT REQUIREMENTS
- Students must complete 1 credit each of high school biology, chemistry, and anatomy
and physiology with a minimum of a “B” grade.
Step 6: ACT
- Students must take the HESI A2 exam. See HESI A2 exam Instructions on the main Nursing website page.
Step 7: SCIENCE PLACEMENT TEST
- Students must take the science placement test at ACM with a minimum score of 32.
If the above have been completed and the science placement test has been passed with
a score of 32, then students will be approved to the move to the selection phase:
If selected, student must enroll and successfully complete *A&P I and A&P II from
one of the following options:
Step 1: ENROLL IN A&P I, II
- Enroll in A&P I during the summer semester of their senior year. Followed by A&P
II during the fall semester.
Step 2: ENROLL IN A&P I, II
- Enroll in A&P I during the spring semester of their senior year. Followed by A&P
II during the summer semester.
Step 3: ENROLL IN A&P I, II
- Enroll in A&P I during the fall semester of their senior year. Followed by A&P II
during the spring semester of their senior year.
*In order to enroll in the A&P I and II courses, students must successfully complete
the pre-requisite requirements.
Step 1: COMPLETE ACPS ACADEMY OF HEALTH OCCUPATIONS PROGRAM
- Students must complete the entire ACPS Academy of Health Occupations program.
Step 2: SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION
- Upon successful completion of the previously noted elements as documented by a high
school transcript, ACM placement assessment, Guaranteed Admission application, and
letter of recommendation, students will be guaranteed admission into the ACM Associate
of Science in Nursing program on a space available basis. The articulated agreement
will apply to guarantee two (2) seats into the Fall and the Spring nursing program.