The purpose of the Medical Assistant Club is to promote interest in the medical assisting profession, develop leadership skills,
promote educational opportunities, and promote a sense of civic and personal responsibility.
The Medical Assistant Club is open to all students enrolled in the Pre-Medical Assistant or Medical Assistant
MA Club Goals
- Promote educational opportunities through sponsoring the Medical Assistant scholarship
- Participate in service learning activities that give back to the community by volunteering
at area food banks, local animal shelters, homeless shelters and many other area service
- Participate in activities that promote health education on campus and in the community
such as the College Health Fair and the Medical Assistant open house
- Organize fund-raising activities to finance the Medical Assistant scholarship and
planned events such as the Salvation Army Christmas Angel program, March of Dimes,
Habitat for Humanity, and the Union Rescue Mission.
- Provide a support system for students in the Medical Assistant program
- Facilitate the transition from school to work
For more information concerning the Medical Assistant Club, please contact Lisa Rocks or Cindy Zumbrun.