A gift to the Allegany College of Maryland Foundation not only demonstrates your belief
in our mission of providing a quality and affordable education, but also reinforces
your commitment to making a difference in the lives of students. Many types of gifts
may result in immediate and possible future benefits for you and your family. If
you are considering making a gift to the Allegany College of Maryland Foundation,
here are some options that you may want to consider.
- Scholarships, in the amount of $500 a year or more, may be made in particular name
and given specific criteria designations. (Criteria forms are available through the
ENDOWED AWARDS - Create one in your name
CONTRIBUTE TO AN EXISTING FUND
- A lump sum gift would be given to the Allegany College of Maryland Foundation and,
when the earnings generated annually from that sum equals $500 or more, a scholarship
in a particular name and with specifically designated criteria may be made.
- With your endowed funds, the principal is never touched. Awards are made from the
earnings only. If you are considering endowing monies to the Foundation, but are
concerned about not being able to give enough at one time to generate earnings sufficient
to make an award within the first year, please call the Foundation Office. There
are a number of options available. We will be happy to explain them to you.
- There is also an opportunity to direct your gift toward an existing endowed fund to
help that fund grow. Our present list of endowed funds and the curricula they support
are available in the Foundation Office.
- There are a number of ways to make this type of gift. The following are but a few
examples and not, by any means, all-inclusive:
- Gifts of securities
- Gifts of real estate
- Gifts of personal property
- Gifts of life insurance
- Life income gifts (charitable gift annuities, etc.)
- Be quests
If we can help you in any way, please call the Allegany College of Maryland Foundation
Office (Department of Advancement) at 301-784-5200. Checks should be made payable
to: Allegany College of Maryland Foundation, Inc. (Your gifts are tax deductible to
the extent allowed by the law.)