What is Dietary Management?
A Dietary manager oversees the day-to-day operation of an institutional food service
department, most often in a healthcare facility. This one-year program prepares you
to take the national certification exam, and along with some work experience, gain
your CDM (Certified Dietary Manager) credential.
What will you learn?
- You will develop skills in all aspects of foodservice production and management including
purchasing, menu development, and cost control.
- Emphasis will be on nutrition assessment and medical nutrition therapy.
- You will gain valuable hands-on experience as you intern in a healthcare facility
for a semester.
What is the job outlook?
- Strong growth for this job is projected to meet the demand of the increasing number
of extended care facilities.
- The median annual wage is $40,000, dependent on geographic location and size of the
the SCOOP Newsletter