What is Culinary Arts?
The world of culinary arts is an ever-growing one, as more people display interest
in learning about food and the demand for dining experience increases. This degree
path gives you experience in the basics of cooking and baking, and launches you into
a career with endless possibilities.
What will you learn?
- You will develop the skills necessary to be successful as a trained chef and culinary
- Hands on learning will occur as you gain work experience in our student-operated restaurant.
- You will become ServSafe certified, an important industry credential. If you love
food and cooking, you will find that this is the right career path for you.
What is the job outlook?
- Employment of chefs and head cooks is projected to grow faster than most other occupations
- According to the Bureau of labor and Statistics, The average annual wage is $43,000, depending on geographic location and the size
of the facility being managed.
How To Videos
Introduction to How To Videos
Part 1: Knives
Part 2: Kitchen Utensils
Part 3: Herbs
Part 4: Vegetable Preparation
the SCOOP Newsletter