What is Cooking Essentials?
This intensive one-year program exposes you to classic culinary techniques and international
cuisines. You will receive hands-on instruction in cooking techniques and enhance
your skill development as part of our Culinaire Café team. You will develop speed
and proficiency while cooking in this student-operated restaurant.
Who is this certificate for?
- This certificate was developed for those who want to jump-start their culinary career
or for those who wish to fine-tune their skills.
- All of the courses transfer directly to the Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.)
degree program in Culinary Arts.
What is the job outlook?
- Overall employment of cooks is projected to grow 6%.
- Job opportunities will result from the combination of employment growth and the need
to replace workers.
- The median annual wage for cooks is around $25,000.
the SCOOP Newsletter