What will you learn?
- An understanding of the natural laws of our world, including:
- Electricity and magnetism
- Laboratory skills
- Data Analysis
- Application of Physics to environmental and societal issues
What will you do?
- Research scientist
- Geophysical Surveyor
- Marine Geophysicist
- Optical Physicist
Discover what others are saying about ACM Physics – click an image below.
Our physics program is perfect if you plan to transfer to a four year school with
a major in physical science, or into a pre-professional program such as pre-medicine
or pre-pharmacy. We can offer you all the basic science, mathematics, and general
studies courses that are typically required the first two years at most four-year
institutions at a greatly reduced tuition cost. You will get a high quality education
taught by our faculty of diverse scientists with advanced degrees. You will gain knowledge
and skills through hands-on learning as we provide you amazing access to state-of-the-art
scientific laboratory equipment and interactive field experiences.
Program Goals & Learning Outcomes
- Physics faculty will clearly and professionally share scientific knowledge and concepts
in lecture and lab
- Laboratory instructors will teach scientific skill sets needed for students to succeed
with their continued education or when entering the workforce
- The Science Division will support and promote seamless 2+2 degrees with transferability
to four year University partner institutions
- Students effectively communicate physical science concepts and processes using both
written and verbal skills
- Students exhibit appropriate use of laboratory equipment and technology
- Students can use analytic tools to problem solve
- Physic majors are prepared to transfer to a four year institution in a scientific
Meet the Faculty
Our experienced, knowledgeable faculty are excited to share their expertise with you
and prepare you to succeed in the diverse, scientific field of physics.