Step 1: APPLICATION
- Apply to Allegany College of Maryland with Nursing listed as your intended major, if not
Step 2: ACM PLACEMENT EXAM
- If never attended college; take ACM placement exam. Complete prerequisites according
to placement scores.
Step 3: GENERAL ADMISSION
- If attending another college, have official transcripts sent from your transfer school
to the Admissions and Registration office at ACM.
Step 4: ADVANCED STANDING APPLICATION
- Once ALL placement prerequisites are complete and you have completed English 101,
Math 102 or 109, Bio 207, Bio 208, Psychology 101, Sociology 101, Psychology 203 (Human
Growth and Development): Submit an ADVANCED STANDING APPLICATION to the nursing program (Separate application sent to the Nursing Department).
Step 5: LPN MOBILITY TEST
- Register and take the LPN Mobility test in May. A score of 800 or greater will place
you in the third semester of the program, a score of 799 or less will place you in
the second semester of the program.
Step 6: NURSING BRIDGE COURSE
- Register for and complete the Nursing Bridge Course during the summer. Dependent upon
your placement test score, you will need to take the bridge course for either 2, 3
or 4 credits. The bridge course is good for two years.