Student Checklist (not necessarily listed in order)
Step 1: APPLICATION
- Apply to Allegany College of Maryland with Nursing listed as your intended major, if not
Step 2: OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS
- If attending another college, have official transcripts sent from your transfer school
to the Admissions and Registration office at ACM.
Step 3: NURSING PROGRAM
- Apply to the nursing program (Separate application sent to the Nursing Department).
Step 4: ACT
- Take ACT and have scores sent to Allegany College of Maryland. Score of 21 or > needed
in each area.
Step 5: PLACEMENT ASSESSMENT EXAM
- Take Allegany College of Maryland Placement Assessment Exam including Anatomy & Physiology.
Take Biological Science 207 (Anatomy and Physiology) during the summer after graduation
or have taken it during high school as an early college student.
High School Student Nursing