What will you learn?
- Understanding of the basic principles of biology, chemistry and physics
- Laboratory skills
- Data Analysis
- How to operate complex instrumentation
- Clean Room procedures
What will you do?
- Nanotech technician
- Nanotech research assistant
- Medical equipment product and development
- Food Science product and development
- Electronic and computer components product and development
Discover what others are saying about ACM Nanotechnology – click an image below.
Our NANOTECH PROGRAM is a unique partnership between Allegany College of Maryland
and Pennsylvania State University. Upon completion of this degree you will have the
knowledge and skills necessary to obtain a position as a nanotechnology technician.
If you choose to continue your studies you will be well set to transfer to another
institution to obtain your bachelors’ degree.
After taking 51 credits of coursework at Allegany College of Maryland you will transfer
to Pennsylvania State University for your capstone (final) semester. You will then
be eligible for an Associate of Science Degree – Area of Concentration in Nanotechnology,
from Allegany College of Maryland.
The benefits of this program are many! While at Allegany College you will take all
your necessary core courses at a greatly reduced tuition cost. Our small class sizes
and attentive faculty provide you a personalized, hands-on education.
During your capstone semester at Penn State you will take specialized nanotechnology
classes and gain experience working in a Clean Room Laboratory. You may qualify for
reduced tuition while having the opportunity to attend a large research university.
Program Goals & Learning Outcomes
- Science faculty will clearly and professionally share scientific knowledge and concepts
in lecture and lab
- Laboratory Instructors will teach scientific skill sets needed for students to succeed
with their continued education or when entering the workforce
- The Science Division will support and promote the capstone semester at Pennsylvania
- Students effectively communicate science concepts and processes using both written
and verbal skills
- Students exhibit appropriate use of laboratory equipment and technology
- Students can use analytic tools to problem solve
- Students are prepared for their capstone semester at Pennsylvania State University
- Science majors are prepared to transfer to a four year institution in a scientific
Meet the Faculty
Our experienced, knowledgeable faculty and staff are excited to share their expertise
with you and prepare you to succeed in the diverse, scientific field of Nanotechnology.