Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get a library card?
Current ACM employees, students and adults residents with a permanent local address
with appropriate identification can request library cards. All cards must be picked
up in person.
- Can I reserve a study room?
Yes. The Cumberland Campus Library has one room which can be reserved by groups. Please
contact Library staff.
- How do I find a book?
Search the Online Catalog from the Library's website. Contact the Library for assistance.
- Do I need to be in the library to access ebooks or research databases?
No. When off campus, ACM employees and students can access Library resources with
their college credentials.
- How do I renew a book or DVD I have checked out?
Call the library. You can reach the Cumberland location at 301-784-5269 and Bedford
location at 814-652-9528 dial 1 + ext. 6206.
- When is help available in the Appalachian Collection?
Volunteers from the Genealogical Society of Allegany County are available at different
times during the week. Only a limited number of resources is available if volunteers
are not present. Call the Library for details.