Students enter the Clinical Phase (the four semester sequence of skills courses) of
the Human Service program in the Fall semester so application can be made anytime
in the Spring or Summer semester preceding the Fall semester entry point. Students
are accepted on a rolling basis beginning February 1 until the class is filled.
Here are the suggested steps:
- Your first step is to complete the general admissions application.
- Applications to the clinical phase of the Human Service Associate Program become available
in the spring semester. For your packet contact Elaine Helmstetter at 301-784-5557
- Before completing your Human Service Associate application, you should schedule a
screening interview with Lindsay Miller, our assigned Advising Center Counselor, at
301-784-5655. She will provide an overview of the Program, share information on career
opportunities, explain the criteria for application as well as review your transcript.
- Screening interviews began at the start of the spring semester. At the completion
of the screening interview, Ms. Miller will advise you about the next steps in the
application process. She will also make suggestions as to how to strengthen your application.
- Enroll in Sociology 104; a “B”or better grade is required for your application. This
course is offered in the Spring and Summer semesters and may also be available at
the Bedford County Campus in the Fall semester.
- The clinical phase of the Human Service Associate Program begins in the fall semester.
- At any time, please feel free to contact the Program Director, Annette Clark, to talk
about the program, schedule an appointment, or come in to observe a class. She can
be reached at 301-784-5558 or firstname.lastname@example.org.