What will you learn?
- An understanding of the world at the molecular level
- Chemical systems and processes
- Laboratory skills
- Use of sophisticated instrumentation and equipment
- Data Analysis
- Ability to solve qualitative and quantitative problems
- Application of chemistry to environmental and societal issues
What will you do?
- Chemical Researcher
- Industrial Chemist
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Medical Professional
Discover what others are saying about ACM Chemistry – click an image below.
Our Chemistry Degree is perfect for you if you are planning to transfer to a four
year school with a major in chemistry, geology, or a pre-professional program such
as pre-medicine or pre-pharmacy. Earning your Associate of Science Degree at ACM has
many benefits! You can take all your basic science, mathematics, and general education
courses at a greatly reduced price. You will get a high quality education taught by
a caring faculty of diverse scientist with advanced degrees. You will gain knowledge
through hands on learning as we provide all our students amazing access to state-
of-the-art scientific laboratory equipment and interactive field experiences.
Program Goals & Learning Outcomes
- Chemistry faculty will clearly and professionally share scientific knowledge and concepts
in lecture and lab.
- Laboratory instructors will teach scientific skill sets needed for students to succeed
with their continued education or when entering the workforce.
- The Science Division will support and promote seamless 2+2 degrees with transferability
to four year University partner institutions.
- Students effectively communicate chemistry concepts and processes using both written
and verbal skills.
- Students exhibit appropriate use of laboratory equipment and technology.
- Students can use analytic tools to problem solve
- Science majors are prepared to transfer to a four year institution in a scientific
Meet the Faculty
Our experienced, knowledgeable faculty and staff are excited to share their expertise
with you and prepare you to succeed in the diverse, scientific field of Chemistry.