Gifts to the Bedford County Regional Education Foundation
A gift to the Bedford County Regional Education Foundation (BCREF) not only demonstrates
your belief in our mission of providing a quality and affordable education, but also
reinforces your commitment to making a difference in the lives of students. Because
of your generous support, the Foundation has given more than $1.4 million in scholarship,
tuition assistance, and emergency book funding support to more than 7,250 students
You can make an impact on the lives of students by contributing to the BCREF through
one of the following options:
Annual Scholarship Funding
Endowed Scholarship Awards
- Scholarships, in the amount of $500 a year or more, may be made in a particular name
and given specific criteria designations. (Scholarship criteria forms are available
through the BCREF Office.
Bedford County Regional Education Tuition Assistance Awards
- Create an endowed scholarship in your name. Provide a lump sum gift to the Bedford
County Regional Education Foundation and when the earnings generated annually from
that sum equals $500 or more, a scholarship in a particular name and with specifically
designated criteria may be made.
With your endowed funds, the principal is never touched. Awards are made from the
earnings only. If you are considering endowing monies to the BCREF, but are concerned
about not being able to give enough at one time to generate earnings sufficient to
make an award within the first year, please call the BCREF Office. There are a number
of options available. We will be happy to explain them to you.
Early College Tuition Assistance
- Provide a gift to the BCREF to help fund BCREF Tuition Assistance Awards. Eligible
students who reside in Bedford County receive up to one third of their tuition costs
as tuition assistance awards. The BCREF provides $7,500 per semester through tuition
- Gifts given for this purpose provide assistance to high school juniors and seniors
taking Early College classes. Options for giving for Early College include donations
through the PA Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program.
Contribute to an Existing Fund
Gifts to Support Campus Development
- Contact the BCREF Office for more information on how to direct your gift to an existing
endowed fund in order to help it grow.
- You may designate your gift to support the development of the Bedford County Campus
academic facility, technology upgrades, or student resource areas.
- There are a number of ways to make this type of gift. The following are but a few
examples and not, by any means, all-inclusive:
- Gifts of securities
- Gifts of real estate
- Gifts of personal property
- Gifts of life insurance
- Life income gifts (charitable gift annuities, etc.)
If we can help you in any way, please call the
Bedford County Regional Education
Foundation Office at 814-652-9528, ext. 6223.
Checks should be made payable to:
Bedford County Regional Education Foundation and mailed to 18 North River Lane, Everett, PA 15537.
Your gifts are tax deductible to the extent allowed by the law.