The Bedford County Regional Education Foundation continually solicits private funds
to provide for the tuition assistance program. These funds are designed for use only
toward tuition costs while attending the Bedford County Campus. No money is available
for funding students who receive financial aid that is equal to or greater than the
cost of tuition. BCREF funding is only available for tuition expenses. Expenses such
as books, fees and supplies cannot be covered by tuition assistance. Emphasis will
be placed on financial need which is not met by other sources.
In order to qualify for BCREF Tuition Assistance, the student must comply with the
following criteria and procedures:
- Be a resident of one of the following school districts: Bedford Area, Chestnut Ridge,
Claysburg Kimmel, Everett Area, Northern Bedford, or Tussey Mountain; and must have
resided within this area for at least one year.
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Student
Aid Report (SAR) will be used to determine eligibility for Bedford County Regional
Education Foundation Tuition Assistance. Please note: It takes 6-8 weeks for the FAFSA
to be processed. Please allow sufficient time for Tuition Assistance application.
Attach your Student Aid Report (SAR) with your Tuition Assistance application.
- Complete the application and registration process of Allegany College of Maryland.
- Complete and sign the Tuition Assistance application. Applications must be returned
by September 15 for fall semester and by January 31 for spring semester. You must
apply EACH SEMESTER to receive tuition assistance.
- Return the Tuition Assistance application along with your essay and Student Aid Report
to Bedford County Regional Education Foundation, 18 North River Lane, Everett, PA
Please include with your application an essay stating your financial need and a copy
of your Student Aid Report by September 15 and/or January 31, depending on the semester
Questions regarding BCREF Tuition Assistance may be directed to the Bedford County
Campus of Allegany College of Maryland, 18 North River Lane, Everett, PA 15537, or
by calling 814-652-9528, ext. 6223
The Bedford Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc. Early College Assistance Program provides
$50.00 per credit tuition assistance for the first three (3) Early College credits
taken during the fall and spring semesters.
- Be a dependent (pursuant to IRS guidelines) of a parent or guardian, whose primary
residence is served by the Bedford Rural Electric Cooperative.
- Be enrolled as an Early College student through Allegany College of Maryland.
- To apply, please complete the Bedford Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc. Early College
Tuition Assistance Program application (available through your high school guidance
counselor, Bedford County Regional Education Foundation, or ACM Early College staff)
and submit a copy of the most current electric bill (confirming the address).
- Mail applications to Bedford County Regional Education Foundation,18 North River Lane,
Everett, PA 15537.
- Applications for Fall semester are due by September 15 of each year and applications
for the Spring Semester are due by January 31 of each year.
- Students must receive a C or better in the course to receive the tuition assistance