Undocumented, DACA, Maryland Dream Act Students
- Apply for admission
- Submit official high school transcript or GED
- Submit official college transcript(s)
- Take placement test – Placement test may be waived, please contact the Advising Center for more information
- Complete the Application & Affidavit for Undocumented Immigrants
- Register for classes
- Meet with an academic advisor to review your academic plan
- Schedule your classes
- Get ready for classes
- Attend an Admitted Student Day
- Purchase your books
- Pay your tuition
Tuition Information for Undocumented Maryland High School Students
Maryland Dream Act - Senate Bill 167 Fall 2011
Maryland legislation provides the opportunity for some non-US citizens who attended
high school in Maryland to receive in-county or in-state tuition rates. In order
to qualify students must meet the following requirements:
- Attended a public or nonpublic high school in Maryland for at least 3 academic years
not earlier than the 2005-2006 school year.
- Graduated from a public or nonpublic high school in Maryland or received the equivalent
of a high school diploma from the State not earlier than the 2007-2008 school year.
- Registered within 4 years after graduating from a public or nonpublic secondary school
in the State or received the equivalent of a high school diploma in the State.
- Provide documentation that the student, or the student's parent or legal guardian
has filed a Maryland income tax return:
- Register for classes
annually for the 3 years that coincide with the individual's attendance at a public
or nonpublic secondary school in the State (home schooled students are also subject
to this requirement);
annually each year between secondary school attendance and enrolling at the college;
annually while attending a community college.
- Provide an affidavit stating that the individual will file an application to become
a permanent resident within 30 days after the individual becomes eligible to do so.
- Provide proof that the individual has registered with the selective service. (This
applies to all males 18-25 years of age).
An Application & Affidavit is to be completed by all eligible undocumented immigrant individuals except any
non-citizen excluded by law such as an ambassador, public minister or career diplomatic
or consular office. In order to be considered for an exemption from paying out-of-state
or out-of-county tuition, you must complete the form and present required documentation