What is Catering and Event Management?
The catering and event management segment of the hospitality industry is a new and
exciting career track. Event or Meeting Planners work in a variety of settings including
sports, music, political, and educational events in addition to special events like
weddings and celebrations.
What will you learn?
- You will learn how to design, plan, and execute successful events for any sized group.
- You will also get hands on experience in conducting needs analyses, budget preparation,
set-ups and assess events through participation in an on-site internship.
- The College has acquired a catering van that will allow you to develop practical skills
in on-premise and off-premise catering.
What is the job outlook?
- Employment of meeting, convention, and event planners is projected to grow faster
than average for all occupations.
- The median annual wage, according to The Bureau of Labor Statistics is $47,350 per year. This is dependent upon job location and responsibilities.
the SCOOP Newsletter