Hesi Admission Assesment (A2) Online Exam
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING ONLINE EXAMS:
Step 1: Setting up a ProctorU Account
- ProctorU is a live online proctoring service that allows you to take your exam from the comfort of your home. ProctorU is available 24/7, however you will need to schedule your proctoring session at least 72 hours in advance to avoid any on demand scheduling fees. Creating a ProctorU account is very simple. All you will need to do is visit go.proctoru.com and follow the instructions for a new user. If you have previously set up an account using your @allegany.edu email address, you do not need to register.
- A separate fee will be charged by Proctor U for this service. You pay proctor u when you scheduled your exam.
- ProctorU also provides free technical support to ensure you have the best testing situation possible. That is available at www.proctoru.com/testitout. On this page you will also be able to test your equipment, learn about what to expect during your proctoring session, and ask any questions you may have about the proctoring process with a ProctorU representative.
- In order to use ProctorU you will need to have a high-speed internet connection, a webcam (internal or external), a Windows or Apple operating system, and a government- issued photo id. ProctorU recommends that you visit proctoru.com/testitout prior to your proctoring session to test your equipment. For additional technical services needed before your exam, you can click on the button that says "connect to a live person."
- Test Taker Walk Through Video URL: https://vimeo.com/107066503
Step 2: Creating or Updating an Evolve Account
- Go to https://evolve.elsevier.com/cs/login to create an account. If you have an account with a previous email, you will need to update your account using your @allegany.edu email address.
- Enter all requested student information and click submit.
Step 3: Scheduling your HESI Exam with ProctorU
- Log in to your ProctorU account as least 72 hours prior to when you would like to schedule the exam.
- Select "Here to take an exam."
- Select RN Admission Assessment with Critical Thinking (A2) - 1st Time Tester exam and follow the instructions for scheduling a time to take the HESI Exam.
Below are some tips to help you have a better online testing experience:
- Any browser can be used. Pop up Blockers MUST BE TURNED OFF!
- Make sure you take the time to read/view all the help info on the ProctorU website (a little time upfront saves a lot of frustrated time later).
- Set your exam appointment for at least 15 min (30 min even better) before you want to start the exam to allow plenty of time for the set-up. If you finish the setup before the exam opens, you can use that time to mentally review the material, do some deep breathing/relaxation techniques, etc. while you wait.
- Make sure your computer and environment are ready to go.
- If you are waiting on a proctor, do not exit and come back in. ProctorU uses a queue system and if you log out you will go to the back of the line and have to wait even longer. Wait patiently, but if the wait seems excessive, stay connected and call them.
- Use a wired vs wi-fi connection if possible and minimize Internet use by others in the home during the exam.
- Complete ProctorU's post-exam survey so there is a record of any problems.
Step 4: Completing the HESI Exam
- When you are ready to take the HESI Exam, log into your ProctorU account.
- Go to https://hesiinet.elsevier.com/ Click on compatibility check
- ProctorU will enter a password that will allow you to start the exam.
- You will have 4 hours to complete the exam.
Step 5: Post testing- Remediation
24- 48 hours after the last student has taken the exam and the exam is closed by instructor, you can access results and remediation in student access (https://evolve.elsevier.com)
Please review the information below for accessing your remediation:
A study guide for this exam is available at the campus bookstores. The title of the study guide is Evolve Hesi Admission Assessment Exam Review (4th Edition).
This site has a nice free review course for the HESI A2 test.
There are over 7 hours of free video tutorials and practice questions for the HESI A2 test on this site.