Hesi Admission Assesment (A2) On-Campus Exam
IMPORTANT STEPS YOU MUST DO BEFORE THE ON-CAMPUS EXAM!
- Students must pre-register and pre-pay for the exam. The cost is $60.00, which is non-refundable. Further information is on the attached additional pages including price, type of payment, deadlines for payment and late payment fee.
- You will need to schedule at least four hours to take the exam. You must arrive a minimum of 15 minutes prior to the start of the exam. The exams will start promptly at the scheduled times. Students arriving after the Start time will NOT be allowed to test in that session.
- You must create a username and password with the testing company and bring that with you for the exam. If you do not bring it with you the day of testing, you will NOT be permitted to test!!! You can create an account by going to the following websites and follow the prompts to create a Student Evolve Account: http://evolve.elsevier.com/exam OR http://www.hesiinet.com/ Click the box to "register" and follow the prompts. You will not be taking the exam or paying for the exam through the company website, only creating a username and password. The exams are purchased through the college and administered at the college.
- Exam dates are subject to weather conditions and it is possible an exam will have to be re-scheduled due to college closure, delayed opening or road conditions to ensure safe travel for all participants. Please read the Inclement Weather Policy below for details!
- No refunds will be given for the exam after payment is received and deposited.
- A study guide for this exam is available at the campus bookstores. The title of the study guide is Evolve Hesi Admission Assessment Exam Review (4th Edition). ISBN#978-1-4557-0333-3
- This site has a nice free review course for the HESI A2 test.
- There are over 7 hours of free video tutorials and practice questions for the HESI A2 test on this site.
HESI Admission Assessment ON-CAMPUS Exam General Information:
- The exam will be offered at both campuses. The exam is administered online in a computer lab. Please see the exam schedule for specific dates, times and examination locations.
- Dropdown calculators will be available on the computer screen for math problems. Scratch paper will also be provided. Please bring a pen or pencil for working on scratch paper. The exams will start promptly at the scheduled times. Students arriving after the Start time will NOT be allowed to test in that session.
- There are a limited number of seats available at each testing session. It is to your benefit to register and take the exam as early as possible. Seating is limited in the computer labs; therefore, when the lab becomes full, remaining students will have to take the exam at the alternate time offered. Once all seats are filled, no additional testing times will be added.
- The exam is scheduled by sending the exam registration form to the address listed on the application. Please complete the registration form in full. Students must also go the Evolve website to create a student account. Please see separate directions above for creating an account.
- Students must pre-register and pre-pay for the exam. The cost is $60.00, which is non-refundable. You must pay with cash, personal check, certified check, or money order payable to Allegany College of Maryland. It is not advisable to send cash in the mail. Payments must be received in the Cumberland Nursing Office by 4:00 P.M. for the designated payment deadline. Payments made after the deadline will cost an additional $25.00 and will be subject to space and exam availability These payments must be received in the Nursing Office no later than 4:00 PM three business days before the exam and will be subject to space and exam availability. NOTE: No payments will be accepted at branch campuses or the business office. All payments must be made at the Nursing Office in Cumberland or sent via U.S. mail to the address listed on the application. Receipt will be issued when payment is received.
- If you take the exam once and feel you could improve your score, you may retake the exam multiple times but only one once every 3 months. You are required to pay for the exam each time before you take the exam.
- The exam fee is non-refundable for any reason.
- A study guide for this exam is available at the campus bookstores. The title of the study guide is Evolve Hesi Admission Assessment Exam Review (3rd Edition). ISBN#978-1-4557-0333-3
- In case of inclement weather, call the Allegany College of Maryland phone number 301-784-5000 and follow the prompts for the campus you are inquiring about. You may also check the college website at www.allegany.edu . If the college is closed or opening late due to inclement weather, the exam will be cancelled according to the college schedule for that day (i.e. if there is a 2 hour delay, the 12:30 exam would still be given* but the 8:00 AM exam would be cancelled and re-scheduled). If an exam has to be cancelled due to inclement weather the exam will be re-scheduled for another date and students will be notified of that date. No refund will be given if a student cannot attend on the exam make-up date.