Bedford County Regional Education Foundation Tuition Assistance
The Bedford County Regional Education Foundation continually solicits private funds to provide for the tuition assistance program. These funds are designed for use only toward tuition costs while attending the Bedford County Campus. No money is available for funding students who receive financial aid that is equal to or greater than the cost of tuition. BCREF funding is only available for tuition expenses. Expenses such as books, fees and supplies cannot be covered by tuition assistance. Emphasis will be placed on financial need which is not met by other sources.
In order to qualify for BCREF Tuition Assistance, the student must comply with the following criteria and procedures:
- Be a resident of one of the following school districts: Bedford Area, Chestnut Ridge, Claysburg Kimmel, Everett Area, Northern Bedford, or Tussey Mountain; and must have resided within this area for at least one year.
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Student Aid Report (SAR) will be used to determine eligibility for Bedford County Regional Education Foundation Tuition Assistance. Please note: It takes 6-8 weeks for the FAFSA to be processed. Please allow sufficient time for Tuition Assistance application. Attach your Student Aid Report (SAR) with your Tuition Assistance application.
- Complete the application and registration process of Allegany College of Maryland.
- Complete and sign the Tuition Assistance application. Applications must be returned by September 15 for fall semester and by January 31 for spring semester. You must apply EACH SEMESTER to receive tuition assistance.
- Return the Tuition Assistance application along with your essay and Student Aid Report to Bedford County Regional Education Foundation, 18 North River Lane, Everett, PA 15537.
Please include with your application an essay stating your financial need and a copy of your Student Aid Report by September 15 and/or January 31, depending on the semester of application.
Questions regarding BCREF Tuition Assistance may be directed to the Bedford County Campus of Allegany College of Maryland, 18 North River Lane, Everett, PA 15537, or by calling 814-652-9528, ext. 6223.