All testing requires that students bring photo identification to the Center in order to take a test. (Student ID Card, driver's license and or passports are valid forms of ID)
The Student Success Center (SSC) Testing Lab is utilized by instructors who incorporate the lab concept of testing into their classroom organization. Exams are filed in the SSC, where classroom testing is provided to students, at their convenience, but within selected time periods designated by the instructor. The SSC Testing Lab is also the place to come for make-up exams, group exams, or special individual testing. Students, who experience test anxiety, often find that taking tests in the lab setting relieves some of the tension associated with test taking. The comfortable atmosphere and the opportunity to take exams without time restrictions are additional advantages of the testing lab concept.
Unless the instructor announces to the class that tests are on file in the SSC, students must make arrangements with instructors to take tests in the Testing Lab.
Testing Lab Procedures (Cumberland Campus)
- Students must sign-in and present a government issued photographic identification (Student ID Card, driver's license and or passport).
- All electronic devices (such as cell phones, mp3 players, iPods, etc.) must be turned off and stored in provided lockers before entering the Testing Lab.
- No cell phones or any other electronic device will be permitted to be used as a calculator or as any other means in the Testing Lab.
- Place all personal items in Testing Lab lockers.
- Food and drinks may not be taken into the Testing Lab.
- Children are not allowed in the Testing Lab, nor should they be left unsupervised on the College premises while a parent takes a test.
- All scrap paper must be discarded or turned into the Proctor before leaving the Testing Lab.
- Students who are required to use a basic calculator on their test will be provided one by the Testing Lab staff upon entering the lab.
- Students may not leave the Testing Lab to get a drink or to use the restroom without notifying the Testing proctor. Instructors will be notified of any student departing the lab while testing.
- Students are not permitted to open other software programs or websites while testing unless approved by the testing proctor.
- To limit distractions in the Testing Lab, students may only communicate with the testing proctor.
- All activities in the Testing Lab are monitored by video surveillance system.
NOTE: Students who have been approved to receive testing accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act are requested to notify the Testing Lab personnel of their needs before arriving for the session. To become eligible to receive special accommodations and services, students must provide appropriate documentation of a disability to the Academic Disability Resources Office. Online information is available or by contacting Wilma Kerns, the Access and Resources Coordinator at 301-784-5234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bedford County Campus
Student Services Office | 814-652-9528, ext. 6204
18 North River Lane | Everett, PA 15537
Student Success Center | 301-784-5551
Humanities Building | Room 58 | 12401 Willowbrook Road | Cumberland, MD 21502