Drug and Alcohol Information
Allegany College of Maryland recognizes drug and alcohol abuse/addiction as a health risk; the dangers associated with heroin and opioids are gravely concerning to this institution.
- Dry & Clean Campus Information
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Resource Manual
- Community Alcohol and Drug Resource Guide
- ACHD treatment resources borchure
- CDC Fact Sheet (alcohol and health)
- Code of Student Conduct
- Counseling Resources
- Harmful Drinking Patterns a Persistent Cause for Concern
- College Parents Matter - Tools and scripts to improve communication with your college student
- Heroin and Opioid Resources
- Maryland 2016 Overdose Annual Report
- Chasing the Dragon: the Life of an Opiate Addict - Trailer
- Chasing the Dragon: the Life of an Opiate Addict - Video
- Prescribe Change
- CDC Overdose Epidemic
The college urges everyone to be informed. In an overdose emergency, call 911. If you have any questions or concerns or if you need to help, contact the Campus Security/Public Safety by email at email@example.com or by phone at (301) 784-5252 or the Office of Student & Legal Affairs by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (301) 784-5206.
Allegany College of Maryland offers comprehensive counseling services for its students - free of charge. We know that the academic pressures of being a college student and the challenges students face in their personal lives can interfere with academic success.
* Allegany College of Maryland prohibits the possession and use of drugs and alcohol on all college property and in all college-affiliated activities without the express permission of the College President.