Drug and Alcohol Information
Allegany College of Maryland recognizes drug and alcohol abuse/addiction as a health risk; the dangers associated with heroin and opioids are gravely concerning to this institution.
- Dry & Clean Campus Information
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Resource Manual
- Community Alcohol and Drug Resource Guide
- ACHD treatment resources borchure
- CDC Fact Sheet (alcohol and health)
- Code of Student Conduct
- Counseling Resources
- Harmful Drinking Patterns a Persistent Cause for Concern
- College Parents Matter - Tools and scripts to improve communication with your college student
- Heroin & Opioid Prevention Awareness Policy
- Heroin and Opioid Resources
- Maryland 2016 Overdose Annual Report
- Chasing the Dragon: the Life of an Opiate Addict - Trailer
- Chasing the Dragon: the Life of an Opiate Addict - Video
- Prescribe Change
- CDC Overdose Epidemic
Link to Maryland resources:
The college urges everyone to be informed. In an overdose emergency, call 911. If you have any questions or concerns or if you need to help, contact the Campus Security/Public Safety by email at email@example.com or by phone at (301) 784-5252 or the Office of Student & Legal Affairs by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (301) 784-5206.
Allegany College of Maryland offers comprehensive counseling services for its students - free of charge. We know that the academic pressures of being a college student and the challenges students face in their personal lives can interfere with academic success.
* Allegany College of Maryland prohibits the possession and use of drugs and alcohol on all college property and in all college-affiliated activities without the express permission of the College President.