Allegany College of Maryland supports students and employees in the pursuit of a healthy, active lifestyle by offering a well equipped Fitness Center.
The Fitness Center is located on the first floor of Bob Kirk Arena and is available to faculty, staff, and students. There is no charge to use the Fitness Center which includes exercise equipment such as:
- Olympic barbells
- Rowing machines
- Medicine and dynamax balls
- Nautilus® Weight machines
Other amenities include:
- Full locker rooms
- Performance evaluations
- Fitness Assessment
Fitness Center Quality Standards
You must present a valid, current ACM ID to access the Fitness Center. Students interested in using the Fitness Center must go thru a Fitness Center orientation.
- Proper attire includes closed toe, non-marking shoes, t-shirts, exercise shorts/pants.
- No sandals.
- No hats.
- Athletic gear must be worn at all times. No revealing clothing or clothing with offensive wording will be permitted.
- Please use locker rooms for changing into exercise attire.
- Please secure your valuables and belongings in a locker.
- Safety of all personal property is the responsibility of the patron.
- ACM is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- Wipe off equipment after every use.
- Re-rack weights and return all other accessories to their proper locations when finished.
- Weight plates are not to be leaned against mirror, walls or machines.
- Dumbbells and weight plates will not be dropped on floor for any reason.
- Allow others to "work-in" or take turns. Do not monopolize equipment in the weight room while others are waiting.
- Ease weights into position on the machines and do not allow them to slam down.
- Verbal or physical confrontation with staff or other patrons will not be tolerated.
- Profanity will not be tolerated.
- Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated.
- Vandalism will not be tolerated.
- Using or being under the influence of drugs or alcohol is prohibited.
- Cell phone use should be limtied to music, video and workout protocol utilizing earphones. (No calls or texting)
Failure to abide to these guidelines will result in loss of privileges. Management reserves the right to refuse admittance and/or eject any person from the fitness Center premises failing to comply with any of the above rules and regulations.