The VISION of ACM's Nurse Managed Wellness Clinic
The Nurse Managed Wellness Clinic at Allegany College of Maryland will become a recognized, sustainable model for interprofessional clinical education that positively impacts student, the institution and community health and wellness.
The MISSION of ACM's Nurse Managed Wellness Clinic
The mission of the Nurse-Managed Wellness Clinic (NMWC) at Allegany College of Maryland (ACM) is to provide interprofessional clinical experiences for nursing and allied health students; to provide disease prevention, health and wellness services to ACM and the local communities; and to educate clients to be informed, self-directed consumers of health care.
The mission is supported by:
- Safe environment within an adequately maintained physical facility
- Competent, educated professionals and support personnel
- Policies and procedures that support compliance with state and federal regulations
- Ongoing quality improvement process
- Collaboration with other college programs and the local health care community
- Fiscal management to maintain accountability and viability
- High ethical and legal standards
- Improved well-being and productivity of students