Phlebotomy - Program Goals & Learning Outcomes
- The graduate will be able to function safely and competently in the role of an entry level Phlebotomy technician when working with clients, following the plan developed by the appropriate healthcare professional.
- The graduate will use critical thinking and problem solving skills when working with a diverse population of clients.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
- The student will be able to perform successful venipunctures using proper safety precautions.
- The student will list and/or demonstrate proper order of draw.
- The student will use critical thinking and problem skills relating to a variety of patients and illnesses.
- The student will be able to explain the functions of arteries, veins, and capillaries.