Arts & Humanities - Program Goals & Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate knowledge about and skills related to human expression for the purpose of transfer or to promote greater opportunity in the workforce.
- Students will demonstrate competency in interpersonal skills and cultural literacy.
- Students will think critically to analyze, synthesize and evaluate demonstrations of human expression of written/oral/artistic means.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will create coherent, unified and effectively developed bodies of oral and written forms of communication reflective of purpose and audience, whether creative, academic or career.
- Students will evaluate and analyze forms of expression, written/oral/artistic, to make judgments, draw inferences, recognize bias.
- Identify and describe personal connections to particular themes in fine arts and humanities using discipline specific terminology and concepts.
- Students will demonstrate competency in the foundation of discipline-specific skills in Humanities.
Reinforces General Education Outcomes of Arts and Humanities Inquiry, Oral and Written Communication, Critical Analysis and Reasoning, and Personal and Civic Responsibility.
Art Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate foundation skills in the use of art process and media that enable
clear, creative visual communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically and creatively through written, oral and artistic means about visual art.
- Articulate the significance of art in terms of self, contemporary culture and the global perspectives in the making of art and design.
- Prepare a portfolio for transfer, personal use or career development.