Arts & Humanities - Program Goals & Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate knowledge about and skills related to human expression for the purpose of transfer or to promote greater opportunity in the workforce.
- Students will demonstrate competency in interpersonal skills and cultural literacy.
- Students will think critically to analyze, synthesize and evaluate demonstrations of human expression of written/oral/artistic means.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will create coherent, unified and effectively developed bodies of oral and written forms of communication reflective of purpose and audience, whether creative, academic or career.
- Students will evaluate and analyze forms of expression, written/oral/artistic, to make judgments, draw inferences, recognize bias.
- Identify and describe personal connections to particular themes in fine arts and humanities using discipline specific terminology and concepts.
- Students will demonstrate competency in the foundation of discipline-specific skills in Humanities.
Reinforces General Education Outcomes of Arts and Humanities Inquiry, Oral and Written Communication, Critical Analysis and Reasoning, and Personal and Civic Responsibility.
English Student Learning Outcomes
- Write effectively for academic, creative, career contexts.
- Demonstrate proficiency in information literacy to include appropriate sources, integration of sources and convention-specific documentation.
- Produce written and spoken analysis that demonstrates understanding of the form, content, and aesthetic feature of texts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of literary terms.
- Explain how texts shape their perceptions of themselves and their world.