Resources for Fieldwork Supervisors
Thank you for serving as a fieldwork educator for the OTA program at Allegany College of Maryland. You provide a very important service to the program by helping to prepare our students to be good practitioners when they enter the profession. Below you will find some great resources to help you be as effective as possible while supervising students on their Level I and Level II fieldwork experiences.
Here is a link to AOTA resources for Fieldwork Supervisors:
The following is a list of articles from OT Practice magazine that are informative and helpful.
- OT Practice - February 10, 3014 - Planning Level I Fieldwork
- OT Practice - July 22, 2013 - Student-Educator Collaboration in Fieldwork
- OT Practice - July 8, 2013 - Level I Fieldwork
- OT Practice - November 4, 2013 - Clinical Collaboration
- OT Practice - January 23, 2012 - Nontraditional Fieldwork
- OT Practice - May 21, 2012 - Collaborative Fieldwork Education
- OT Practice - November 12, 2012 - Fieldwork Issues
The CE division of Allegany College of Maryland also provides some excellent online courses that may interest you.
Ed2GO offers the following courses:
Career Short Courses offers online classes that are quite affordable, and are all less than one hour in length.
UGotClass offers a variety of courses in Human Resource Management and Training.
For more information, or to register for any of the above courses, please contact Heather Grim at 301-784-5281 or
If you have specific questions regarding fieldwork supervision, please contact the AFWC, Teresa Waugerman at email@example.com or 301-784-5583.