Online Degree Completion Programs
Online education makes it possible for Allegany College of Maryland students to continue their education without leaving home. Students can earn a baccalaureate degree or a certificate on-line by attending classes at any time of day, in any place the students choose. Students can complete course work without setting foot in a classroom by communication with their classes online. Many four-year universities allow students to complete entire degrees or portions of degree programs online.
University of Maryland, University College (UMUC)
In Maryland, the University of Maryland, University College (UMUC) is a major provider of degrees online, offering 17 majors and 21 minors. For more information about online programs at UMUC, contact their Community College Relations Office. To help plan for transfer to one of these programs, go to ARTSYS. This online transfer articulation site provides a list of ACM courses that are recommended for transfer to UMUC.
The following Allegany College of Maryland (ACM) associate's degrees are a part of an Alliance with the University of Maryland University College (UMUC). The bachelor's degree programs are closely linked allowing students to complete the associate degree at ACM and flow smoothly into the bachelor's degree.
Please Note: Additional degree options are available beyond these articulated programs. To learn how your community college credits will transfer to UMUC, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-888-UMUC (8682).
3+1 Degree Completion Agreement with ACM
St. Francis offers a "3+1" opportunity for ACM students to take 3 years of coursework at ACM (approximately 90 credits) and transfer to St. Francis for an additional 33 credits to earn a Bachelor of Science degree through their DEGREE COMPLETION PROGRAM. Two degree completion programs are available:
1. ACM's Business Administration (A.S.) Transfer Programs transfers to the St. Francis B.S. in Organizational Leadership.
2. ACM's Computer Science/ Cybersecurity/Information Systems (A.S.) Transfer Program transfers to the St. Francis B.S. in Computer Systems Management.
3. ACM's Biology (A.S.) Transfer Program transfers to the St. Francis B.S. in Health Studies.
4. ACM's Human Services (A.A.S.) Career Program transfers to the St. Francis B.S. in Behavioral Science.
5. ACM's Psychology (A.S.) Transfer Program transfers to the St. Francis B.S. in Behavioral Science.
All of the St. Francis courses are available online for students who do not wish to travel; however, they are also available in traditional classroom format at different locations for students who prefer that delivery method.
Along with being available 100% online, students may attend ACM to earn additional credits. No cohort is involved, and because the degree completion program is under the Adult Degree & Continuing Studies Office, the cost per credit is lower than the traditional college rate at St. Francis. Additionally, all classes required for the ACM Business Administration associate degree can be taken online through ACM; therefore, the entire bachelor's program could be completed online. Please note that students may select to take all of the first three years of course work at any ACM campus.
- Complete the online Adult Degree and Continuing Studies Application at www.francis.edu, click on Admissions, then Adult Degree & Continuing Studies, and the ADCS Online Application.
- Send a current resume' via email to email@example.com or fax to 814-472-3299
- Complete the Letter of Recommendation or Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 814-472-3299
- Request ACM and all other colleges attended to mail an official transcript to; Adult Degree & Continuing Studies, St. Francis University, 203 Raymond Hall, PO Box 600, Loretto, PA 15940
Dr. Julie Barris
Adult Degree & Continuing Studies
St. Francis University
The University of Phoenix undergraduate programs are developed in cooperation with business and industry leaders, so that students learn only the most current business methods and practices. Courses last 5-6 weeks and are taken one at a time to ensure students truly learn the subject matter.
- Bachelor of Science in Business/Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business/Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business/e-Business
- Bachelor of Science in Business/Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Business/Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business/Marketing
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Human Services/Management
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Management
- RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Health Administration
University of Phoenix has established articulated programs with Allegany College of Maryland that lead to bachelor's degrees in business, nursing, and information technology. Visit the Transfer Advising Notes section for details about articulated programs with the University of Phoenix, contact your advisor, the Student Success Center at (301) 784-5551, or Pennsylvania Student Services for additional information.
Explore one of these sites to identify other online programs. Remember that some of these sites feature colleges that have paid for their listings. Many of the listed colleges are FOR PROFIT.
ELearners.com helps students research online degrees, online programs, online courses and campus programs from online colleges, universities and schools. It also provides advice for new online learners and resources about online education.
Using Online Degrees Today, students can prepare for a successful career in the online subject of their choice. Whether they are interested in online degrees in the areas of business, accounting, technology, nursing, criminal justice, web design and more, there is an online degree education program available. Online degrees are available for associates, bachelors, masters, and certificate programs in most fields.
Search online degrees and programs at non-profit universities.