How it Works
Using Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS) is simple. You may budget your tuition and fees one of two ways:
1. Checking/Savings Acount (ACH) - ACH payments are electronic payments you have authorized NBS to process directly with your financial institution. It is simply a bank-to-bank transfer of funds from your account to ACM's account. Payments may be made from either your checking or savings account. Payments are processed on the 5th of each month and will continue until the balance is paid in full.
2. Credit Card Option - Many payers have requested the option of charging their monthly tuition payment to their credit card. This enables you to take advantage of various bonus programs offered by your credit card company. If you elect to use this option, your monthly payment will be automatically charged to the credit card you designate on the 5th of each month. Payments will be charged each month until the balance is paid in full.
When you sign-up with Nelnet, be sure to have the following information:
1. Your student login and password. This will be the WebAdvisor login assigned by Allegany College of Maryland at the time of registration.
2. The name, address, and e-mail address of the person responsible for making the payments.
3. To protect your privacy, you will need to create your own unique Nelnet Access Code. Please be sure that it is something you can easily remember.
4. $25 Sign-up Fee5. Account information for the person responsible for payment.
- If paying by automatic bank payments you will need the bank name, telephone number, account number, and the bank routing number. (This information can often be located on a check.)
- If paying by credit card, you will need the credit card number and expiration date
Please remember, once you have submitted your Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS) agreement online, any down payment is deducted immediately.
How To Pay
Signing-up online is simple, secure, and easy. The payment plan can accommodate down payments and monthly payments. Once you are in "NBS Payment Plan," refer to the menu bar at the top for additional answers to questions you may have. Use the "Proceed" button to move through the steps, making sure you read all the information provided. Before you click the submit button, please carefully read through the Final Review and the Terms and Conditions. An immediate email will be sent (to the e-mail address provided for the person responsible for payment) confirming you've successfully signed-up for the NBS Payment Plan.
If you are the student or want to pay a student's tuition:
1. Go to www.allegany.edu
2. Click on WebAdvisor
3. Sign in with student login and password
4. Under "Financial Information" click on "Account Info, Payments and Payment Plan." Under "Student Finance" click on "Payment Plan."
5. Follow the directions on the page to sign-up for the NBS payment plan, if there is not an option to sign-up for the payment plan, please contact the Business Office at 301-784-5227. During the process you will receive instructions on how to review your accounts at any time.
Notice: You must provide an email address that is viewed often. If you use your Allegany College of Maryland email address, you must check it frequently for emails from Nelnet and ACM about your account. Effective correspondence depends on a valid email address (and phone number)!
IMPORTANT! Call NBS at 1-800-609-8056 to make any changes to your address, phone, or banking information. If you have questions regarding your NBS agreement please contact NBS directly or view your agreement online through MyPaymentPlan Account. To access MyPaymentPlan Account, follow the instructions located on the NBS Confirmation Letter or e-mail. If you have questions regarding your financial aid award or tuition balance, please call the Allegany College of Maryland Business Office at (301) 784-5227.