Pathways For Success (Trio/Student Support Services)
The Pathways For Success Program at Allegany College of Maryland (ACM) is a TRIO Student Support Services project funded through a grant from the U.S. Department of Education. Program goals include increasing the retention, graduation and transfer rates of eligible students, as well as improving student grade point averages.
Who qualifies to be a Pathways For Success student?
Pathways For Success serves 140 eligible, enrolled ACM students annually. To be eligible for Pathways For Success, a student must
- Be a citizen or national of the United States OR meet residency requirements for federal student financial aid;
- Be enrolled full-time, seeking first degree, OR be accepted for enrollment in the next academic term;
- Have a need for academic support as determined by ACM;
- Be income-eligible, a first-generation college student, OR a student with a documented disability; and
- If applicable, successfully completed English 90 and/or Reading 90.
Please check with the Pathways For Success office for additional eligibility and participation criteria.
How do I become a Pathways For Success student?
- Student completes program application;
- Program will verify student eligibility;
- Eligible students will be interviewed by program staff;
- Accepted students will meet with their Pathways For Success advisor to develop their Student Success Plans.
- Additional eligible students may be placed on a wait list for program admission.
Please note that program enrollment is limited to 140 students, so decisions are based, in part, on space availability.
What services does the program provide?
Pathways For Success provides a supportive environment on campus for students who are first generation, income-eligible, or who have disabilities. The program offers the following academic services to assist Pathways For Success students in achieving their academic goals:
- Tutoring in math, science, and writing/English (and other subjects as needed)
- One-on-one academic advising
- Career counseling
- Transfer advising
- Financial aid and scholarship advising
- Peer mentoring
- Support groups
- Workshops on topics such as financial literacy and study skills
- College visits to 4-year institutions
How do I contact the Pathways For Success Program?
The Pathways For Success Program is located in Room 57 of the Humanities Building on the Cumberland Campus. Interested students should contact the Pathways For Success office at (301)784-5630 for more information on the program.
The Pathways for Success Program at ACM is a TRIO Student Support Services project sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education. The TRIO Student Support Services initiative began in 1968 and has provided funding to institutions of higher education throughout the United States in support of academic services for students from under-represented and disadvantaged backgrounds. The Pathways for Success Program has been in existence at ACM since academic year 2010-2011.
Check us out on Facebook at ACM Pathways for Success!