If you are experiencing technical problems with your course, please review the below information before contacting the HelpDesk.
- Update your basic computer and Internet knowledge.
Review this "GCF Learn Free" web site to update your knowledge about the Internet such as safe surfing, viruses, browsers, email, file sharing and other relevant topics.
COMMON PROBLEMS: LOGGING INTO BLACKBOARD
- Be sure you are using the correct Blackboard username and password.
Use your ACM username and password that you received via postal mail. If you have lost or misplaced the information, please visit http://student.allegany.edu to obtain assistance in retrieving your login information.
- Be sure you don't have the caps lock key on.
- Be sure you are using a supported browser and operating system. Click Supported Browsers to see if your browser and operating system is certified (or at least compatible).
- Be sure you are going to blackboard.allegany.edu to log in
OTHER COMMON PROBLEMS:
- If the text in your course web site is too small, you can modify the size of the text within your browser. One method of "zooming in" supported by most browsers is to hold down the Ctrl key and press the "+" key.
- If you are having a problem and you can't find the solution contact the Help Desk for help:
Cumberland Campus: 301-784-5444
Bedford Campus: 814-652-9528 ext. 5444