The spiritual dimension recognizes one's search for meaning and purpose in human existence
and demonstrating values through behaviors. It includes the development of a deep
appreciation for the depth and expanse of life and natural forces that exist in the
universe. Spiritual wellness is the ability to establish peace and harmony in our
lives. This dimension can encompass a high level of faith, hope, and commitment to
our individuality and connecting to our communities to provide a sense of meaning
and purpose in human existence. It is better to ponder the meaning of life for ourselves
and to be tolerant of the beliefs of others than to close our minds and become intolerant.
SHORT VERSION: Spiritual Wellness is the process of discovering meaning and purpose in life, and demonstrating values through behaviors. Spiritual wellness includes acceptance of the concepts of wholeness, unity, diversity, individual uniqueness, and the need for community as well as personal responsibility to oneself and that community.
Tips and suggestions for optimal spiritual wellness:
1. Explore your spiritual core.
2. Spend time alone/meditate regularly/spend time in nature.
3. Be inquisitive and curious.
4. Be fully present in everything you do.
5. Listen with your heart, know and live by your principles.
6. Allow yourself and those around you the freedom to be who they are.
7. See opportunities for growth in the challenges life brings you.
9. Give of yourself to help others.