What you need to do?
- To schedule a placement test, you can call, register online, or stop by the Student Success Center.
- Must have applied and been accepted to ACM before registering for the test.
- To get help in a class, you can walk into one of the study labs or go with one of
- To take a make-up test, you can drop in the Student Success Center anytime to take
a classroom test.
- Make arrangements with your instructors.
- Make sure you have an ID with you!
- To schedule the PRAXIS test? Sign up here.
- To plan for transfer to a four-year university, you can make an appointment for transfer
What do we do?
- We make your success our top priority.
- We provide Classroom Testing and Placement Testing. Specialized testing is provided
- We have student and professional tutors on hand to help assist students with assignments
- We provide online tutors for those who can’t make in time to see a tutor or need help
on a late-night question.
- We offer transfer advising for students looking to transfer to a four-year institution.
Discover what other are saying about the Student Success Center - click image below.
Student Service DetailsTransferring?
The Reading and Writing Center (RAWC) in L115 can help you:
- Start the transfer advising process in H58
- Chose a major
- Select a transfer college
- Develop and educational plan of appropriate transferable courses
- Monitor your plan and graduation audit
- Apply for admission to the transfer college
- Complete the transfer process
The Math Study Lab in L119
- Become a more confident writer
- Improve your understanding of course materials
- Improve your vocabulary and grammar
- Learn new study strategies
- Get assistance with finding and citing sources
The Science Study Lab in S15
- The most successful math students know how to take advantage of every available resource.
The Math Study Lab, provided by the Student Success Center, is free to you. Visit
as often as you want and stay as long as you like. You can meet with your learning
specialists, use a computer to complete and online assignment, or simply find a comfortable
table at which to sit and do your homework.
The Speech Lab in L114
- The Lab provides students with focus environment to complete homework, to review course
and lab materials, and to prepare for quizzes and tests. Our Learning Specialists
can coach students through course materials, help students develop study strategies,
guide students through lab reports, and help interpret anatomy models and slides.
- Presentations can be difficult to prepare for most people. In the Speech Lab, students
are provided with a solitary environment, video recording equipment, and computers
so they can safely and easily prepare for those daunting class presentations. Record
yourself giving your speech or receive immediate feedback from a Learning Specialist.
We're here to help
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I prepare for the placement test?
Official Web-Based Study App features online practice tests and tutorials in Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra,
and Statistics; Advanced Algebra and Functions; and Reading. Be sure to select the
Next Generation option.
- What if I can’t make it to a study lab?
Try our Online Tutoring
Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 a.m. seven days a week.
- How do I know which of my classes will transfer to the school I want to transfer to?
To start planning, stop by the Student Success Center to set up a transfer advising
appointment with an advisor.
Meet the Staff
Our experienced, knowledgeable staff are excited to share their expertise with you.