HESI Admission Assessment ON-CAMPUS Exam:
- You must complete a request to schedule the nursing admission exam form in order to register for the exam.
- Payment for the “In-person” exam must be received in the Cumberland Nursing Office by the dates listed for each exam. Payments made after the deadline will cost an additional $25.00 and will be subject
to space and test availability. Late payments must be received in the Nursing Office
no later than 4:00 PM three business days before the exam. No payments will be taken at any branch campuses or the Business Office.
- Note: The test begins promptly at the time stated and takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
- Students must arrive at least 15 minutes in advance of the test start time. Students
arriving after the Start Time will not be allowed to test at that session.
- This test is NOT required for LPN's with advanced standing, High School students or
Transfer students from another clinical nursing program.
- Students must pre-register and pre-pay for the exam. The cost is $63.00, which is non-refundable. Further information is found below, including price, type
of payment, deadlines for payment and late payment fee.
- You will need to schedule at least four hours to take the exam. You must arrive a
minimum of 15 minutes prior to the start of the exam. The exams will start promptly
at the scheduled times. Students arriving after the Start time will NOT be allowed to test in that session.
- You must create a username and password with the testing company and bring that with
you for the exam. If you do not bring it with you the day of testing, you will NOT be permitted to test!!! You can create an account by going to the following websites
and follow the prompts to create a Student Evolve Account: http://evolve.elsevier.com/exam OR http://www.hesiinet.com/ Click the box to “register” and follow the prompts. You will not be taking the exam or paying for the exam through the company website,
only creating a username and password. The exams are purchased through the college and administered at the college.
- No refunds will be given for the exam after payment is received and deposited.
- The exam will be offered at both campuses. The exam is administered online in a computer
lab. Please see the exam schedule for specific dates, times and examination locations.
- Dropdown calculators will be available on the computer screen for math problems.
Scratch paper will also be provided. Please bring a pen or pencil for working on
scratch paper. The exams will start promptly at the scheduled times. Students arriving after the Start time will NOT be allowed to test in that session.
- The exam is scheduled by sending the exam registration form to the address listed on the application. Please complete the registration form
in full. Students must also go the Evolve website to create a student account. Please
see separate directions on the first page for directions.
- Students must pre-register and pre-pay for the exam. The cost is $63.00, which is non-refundable. You must pay with cash, personal check, certified check,
or money order payable to Allegany College of Maryland. It is not advisable to send
cash in the mail. Payments must be received in the Cumberland Nursing Office by 4:00
P.M. for the designated payment deadline. Payments made after the deadline will cost an additional $25.00 and will be subject
to space and exam availability. These payments must be received in the Nursing Office
no later than 4:00 PM three business days before the exam and will be subject to space
and exam availability. NOTE: No payments will be accepted at branch campuses or the business office.
- All payments must be made at the Nursing Office in Cumberland or sent via U.S. mail
to the address listed on the application. Receipt will be issued when payment is received.
- If you take the exam once and feel you could improve your score, you may retake the
exam multiple times but only one once every 3 months. You are required to pay for the exam each time before you take the exam.
- In case of inclement weather, call the Allegany College of Maryland phone number 301-784-5000
and follow the prompts for the campus you are inquiring about. You may also check
the college website at www.allegany.edu. If the college is closed or opening late due to inclement weather, the exam will
be cancelled according to the college schedule for that day (i.e. if there is a 2
hour delay, the 12:30 exam would still be given* but the 8:00 AM exam would be cancelled
and re-scheduled). If an exam has to be cancelled due to inclement weather the exam
will be re-scheduled for another date and students will be notified of that date. No refund will be given if a student cannot attend on the exam make-up date.
Hesi Directions and Application (2020-2021)