Updates and Information for Students and Employees
Updated October 21, 2021 at 4:00pm
Allegany College of Maryland maintains this webpage as a resource for news and information
about the College’s response to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation.
As the status of this situation changes, we will provide updates to this page.
Please email your questions to the appropriate offices as employees may be working
from remote locations at this time.
Allegany College of Maryland Latest Updates
ACM’s campuses and education sites in Maryland and Pennsylvania are currently operating
in compliance with public health guidance provided by the State of Maryland and Commonwealth
- ACM’s regular business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. All
offices and buildings are open with in-person services available.
- Everyone is required to mask up indoors in the presence of others at all ACM locations. This mandate applies to vaccinated and unvaccinated ACM employees, students, and
visitors alike. The following health and safety protocols should be followed:
- It's critical that masks be worn correctly. The CDC's guidance about face masks can
be found here.
- Masking indoors is required at all ACM locations no matter your vaccination status
and is highly recommended in crowded outdoor settings.
- Everyone should maintain social distance of at least 3 feet with preference of six
feet when in crowded indoor and outdoor settings.
- Everyone should continue to self-monitor for symptoms of illness, sign attestations, and adhere to recommended CDC protocols. If exposed, show symptoms, or test positive for COVID-19, you must notify the College to implement the necessary steps to protect yourself and the campus community. Contact
will be made by the appropriate Covid Command Team Intake Official. Cooperation with
that information-gathering process, and the following of all directions given by the
Intake Official is very important for the safety of everyone.
- Sign-in procedures for contact tracing are required for all.
- ACM's Student Counseling Program Quick Reference Guide is available for students in need of mental health services or support. On-site counseling
services are now available at the Cumberland Campus. Students may stop by the Nurse Managed Wellness Clinic (Allied Health Room 115) to schedule an appointment or call UPMC Western Maryland
- Extended wifi signal is available on the Cumberland Campus for remote course instruction,
including parking lots between: (1) Technology and Allied Health; (2) Technology and
College Center; (3) Technology and Automotive Technology; (4) Maintenance and Automotive
Technology; (5) Physical Education and the track; (6) Allied Health Top Parking Area;
and (7) Back Parking Lot of Continuing Education. A map is available here.
- ACM is offering on-campus tours to prospective students and their families by appointment.
To schedule an on-campus tour, call 301-784-5005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus Communications on COVID-19
Campus Procedures and Guidelines