Updates and Information for Students and Employees
Updated June 26, 2020 at 5:10pm
Allegany College of Maryland maintains this webpage as a resource for news and information
about the College’s response to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation.
As the status of this situation changes, we will provide updates to this page.
Please email your questions to the appropriate offices as employees may be working
from remote locations at this time.
Allegany College of Maryland Latest Updates
ACM’s campuses and education sites in Maryland and Pennsylvania are currently operating
in compliance with public health guidance provided by the State of Maryland and Commonwealth
- All offices and buildings reopen on Monday, June 15. ACM’s summer hours are 8 a.m.
to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Beginning on Monday, June 22, visitors are welcome on ACM’s campuses and education
sites. Appointments (virtual and in-person) are strongly encouraged but not required.
ACM will continue to offer phone and virtual appointments through platforms like Zoom,
Microsoft Teams or GoToMeeting.
- Students and visitors to campus must follow the College’s health and safety measures
to reduce the spread of COVID-19 –
the wearing of face masks or face coverings, practicing proper hand hygiene and social
distancing, and self-monitoring of symptoms.
- Classroom density is reduced to ensure the health and safety of our college community.
View our plans for Fall '20 and learn more about a variety of course options.
- The College Library opens to the public on June 22. Students and patrons will be required
to sign in and out of the library, wear face masks and practice social distancing.
Access to some resources may be unavailable.
- Metz Cafe will resume food service at the start of the fall semester.
- Willowbrook Woods, ACM’s on-campus student housing, will reopen in August with modified
- New student orientation will be held virtually for the Fall '20 semester. New students
should monitor their ACM email account for information about Orientation.
- Beginning July 6, ACM will offer on-campus tours to prospective students and their
families by appointment. To schedule an on-campus tour, call 301-784-5005 or email
- Plans for spring 2020 rescheduled commencement exercises will be shared as they become
- The Center for Continuing Education and Workforce Development will release its fall
course catalog in September. Questions about course offerings may be directed to the
Office of CE Registration at 301-784-5341.
- ACM’s Student Counseling Program Quick Reference Guide is available for students in need of mental health services or support.
For the latest information regarding college services, events, and activities please
visit our COVID-19 Operations page.
Campus Communications on COVID-19
Returning to the Workplace