Updates and Information for Students and Employees
Updated October 27, 2020 at 8:45am
Allegany College of Maryland maintains this webpage as a resource for news and information
about the College’s response to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation.
As the status of this situation changes, we will provide updates to this page.
Please email your questions to the appropriate offices as employees may be working
from remote locations at this time.
Allegany College of Maryland Latest Updates
ACM’s campuses and education sites in Maryland and Pennsylvania are currently operating
in compliance with public health guidance provided by the State of Maryland and Commonwealth
- All offices and buildings are open. ACM’s regular business hours are 8:30 a.m. to
4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- The Center for Continuing Education and Workforce Development has released its fall course catalog. Questions about course offerings may be directed to the Office of CE Registration
- Enrollment for the Fall '20 Semester is closed. Registration for the Spring '21 Semester
will open on Monday, November 2, 2020. Students interested in learning more about
the enrollment process, academic programs, and student support services should register
to attend a Virtual Information Session.
- ACM's Student Counseling Program Quick Reference Guide is available for students in need of mental health services or support. On-site counseling
services are now available at the Cumberland Campus. Students may stop by the Nurse Managed Wellness Clinic (Allied Health Room 115) to schedule an appointment or call UPMC - Western Maryland
- Visitors are welcome on ACM’s campuses and education sites. Appointments (virtual
and in-person) are strongly encouraged but not required. ACM will continue to offer
phone and virtual appointments through platforms like Zoom, Microsoft Teams or GoToMeeting.
- Students, employees, and visitors to campus must follow the College’s health and safety
measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 –
the wearing of face masks or face coverings, practicing proper hand hygiene and social
distancing, and self-monitoring of symptoms. Students are reminded to conduct a daily symptom self-check.
- Sign-in is required per campus location/office. Students will also be required to
sign-in prior to entering the classroom.
- Classroom density is reduced to ensure the health and safety of our college community.
View our plans for Fall '20 and learn more about a variety of course options.
- ACM Fall '20 Sports have been canceled and will resume play in Fall 2021. Winter/spring sports are anticipated
to begin in January 2021.
- The College Library is open. Students and patrons are required to sign in and out
of the library, wear face masks and practice social distancing. Access to some resources
may be unavailable.
- Metz Cafe is open. Meals are made to order and pre-made Grab-n-go items are available for purchase.
Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with online ordering
- Willowbrook Woods, ACM’s on-campus student housing, reopened in August with modified housing density.
Applications for the Spring '21 semester are now being accepted.
- ACM is offering on-campus tours to prospective students and their families by appointment.
To schedule an on-campus tour, call 301-784-5005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the latest information regarding college services, events, and activities please
visit our COVID-19 Operations page.
Campus Communications on COVID-19
Returning to the Workplace