Other Testing Services
All testing requires that students bring photo identification to the Center in order to take a test.
Correspondence and CLEP Testing. The ACM Testing Center can provide you with information on Correspondence testing or on taking CLEP (College Level Examination Program). It gives students the opportunity to receive college credit for what they already know by earning qualifying scores on the computer-based examinations. Please see the ACM catalog for a list of examinations and equivalent ACM courses.
Classroom Testing. For currently enrolled ACM students the test center is utilized by instructors who incorporate the lab concept of testing into their classroom organization. Exams are filed in the Student Success Center, where classroom testing is provided to students, at their convenience, but within selected time periods designated by the instructor. The testing center is also the place to come for make-up exams, group exams, or special individual testing. Students, who experience test anxiety, often find that taking tests in the lab setting relieves some of the tension associated with test taking. The comfortable atmosphere and the opportunity to take exams without time restrictions are additional advantages of the testing lab concept.
Unless the instructor announces to the class that tests are on file in the SSC, students must make arrangements with instructors to take tests in the SSC.
Testing Lab Procedures
- Students must sign-in and present a government issued photographic identification (Student ID Card, driver’s license and passport).
- All electronic devices (such as cell phones, mp3 players, iPods, etc.) must be turned off and put away before entering the Testing Lab.
- No cell phones or any other electronic device will be permitted to be used as a calculator or as any other means in the Testing Lab.
- Place all personal items in Testing Lab lockers.
- Food and drinks may not be taken into the Testing Lab.
- Children are not allowed in the Testing Lab, nor should they be left unsupervised on the College premises while a parent takes a test.
- Any exam that requires or allows multiple attempts may only be taken once daily, no exceptions
- All scrap paper must be discarded or turned into the Proctor before leaving the Testing Lab.
NOTE: Students who require special assistance are requested to notify Testing Lab personnel before arriving for the session:
At the Cumberland campus, contact: 301-784-5551;
At the Somerset County Campus, contact: 814-445-9848, ext. 6135; or
At the Bedford County Campus, contact: 814-652-9528, ext. 6204