COMMON STUDENT QUESTIONS
Non-traditional students often have many questions when considering returning to college or enrolling to college for the first time. Often many of these questions can be answered on your first appointment with the Turning Point Program Coordinator. A few of these common questions are listed below.
- I have been out of school for a long time and would like to go to college but don't know where to start. Can you help me?
- I have a GED or I completed the External Diploma Program. Can I go to college?
- Can I get financial aid or apply for a scholarship?
- I went to college a few years ago. Do I still need to take a placement test and will some of my credits still be accepted?
- I am not yet sure what program I want to complete. Are there courses I can take until I decide?
- Are there programs I can complete in one or two semesters?
- Can I get financial help to purchase my books?
- I am an older adult. Will I be the only adult in my class?
- Can I get help with math or other subjects that I may have difficulty with?
- I have a small child. Does ACM have child care on campus?
- Will my credits transfer to another college?