View Larger Map
From the Baltimore-Washington, D.C. region:
Take I-70 west to Hancock, take left-hand exit to I-68 to Cumberland, proceed west approximately 35 miles to the Willowbrook Road exit (EXIT 44). Turn left onto Willowbrook Road and proceed one mile to campus, on left.
From the Western Pennsylvania Region:
Take I-79 south to Morgantown and proceed east on I-68 to Exit 44, Willowbrook Road, turn right and proceed one mile to campus.
Take the Pennsylvania Turnpike east to the Bedford exit and take U.S. 220 south and follow I-68 West, turn right at Exit 44, Willowbrook Road. Turn left, proceed one mile to campus, on left.
Yet another route:
Take U.S. 219 south to I-68, then east. Exit at the Willowbrook Road interchange. Bear right at Willowbrook Road and proceed one mile to campus on the left.
From Cumberland To Everett, Pennsylvania (approx 45 min - 60 min)
1. Exit the Campus, turning right, and proceed north on Willowbrook Road. 2. Take I-68 east toward Hagerstown. 3. Exit I-68 at Rt 220 north (Bedford Exit). 4. Follow Rt 220 north to the Everett interchange (DO NOT FOLLOW RT 220 BUSINESS). 5. Exit Rt 220 at Rt 30 east - Everett. 6. Follow Rt 30 east to Everett. 7. Exit Rt 30 east at the Everett Business interchange. 8. Continue straight through the town of Everett. 9. At the east end of town you will notice on the left a 7UP sign for a laundromat. 10. Make a left at this sign onto North River Lane (beside the 7UP sign is sign for Allegany College of Maryland Bedford County Campus) 11. At the top of the hill Everett Area High School is on your left and the new Allegany College of Maryland facility is directly ahead.
From Everett to Somerset, Pennsylvania (approx 45 min - 60 min)
1. Leave Everett on Rt 30 west (just as would be necessary to return to Cumberland). 2. Continue on Rt 30 west to Rt 31 west. 3. Bear left onto Rt 31 west (this occurs at the Jean Bonnet Tavern). 4. Follow Rt 31 west through Manns Choice and onto Somerset. 5. As you approach the Allegany College of Maryland Somerset County Campus - there are two large radio towers on the left - just beyond this point you will turn right into the Somerset County Campus.
From Cumberland To Somerset, Pennsylvania
1. Exit the campus and proceed north on Willowbrook Road. Willowbrook Road becomes Baltimore Avenue after the I-68 interchange. 2. Follow Baltimore Avenue toward Cumberland and onto Henderson Blvd. 3. Follow Henderson Blvd. to Mechanic Street and continue west to Rt 36 (Corriganville Rd.) 4. Turn right on Rt 36 toward Mt. Savage and continue to Rt 47. 5. Make a right on Rt 47 (The sign says: To Pa Rt 160). 6. Continue on Rt 47/160 to Berlin, PA (Rt 47 becomes PA Rt 160 at the state line). 7. At the stop sign in Berlin, make a left through the town of Berlin. Proceed 1/2 mile at Berlin exchange turn right. Proceed on 219 N. approx 13 miles at the Somerset "Y" turn right follow approx. 5 miles to Campus on the left. 8. At the blinking light turn right onto Rt 219 north.
1. As you leave Berlin make a right onto Brotherton Road (just beyond the Engleka Auto Sales and just before a small ice cream stand) 2. Follow Brotherton Road to Rt 31 (approx 4 miles) **. 3. Turn left onto Rt 31 west. 4. Follow Rt 31 west to the Somerset County Campus (see Everett to Somerset directions above). **Please note some landmark for your return trip to Cumberland if you choose this option. For those traveling to Bedford County Campus, continue on Rt 31 east to Rt 30 east.
1. Follow Rt 219 north toward Somerset. 2. Turn right onto Rt 31 east in Somerset. 3. Follow Rt 31 east to the Somerset County Campus (at State Correctional Institute - Laurel Highlands, the Somerset County Campus can be observed on the hill directly ahead). 4. Make a left into the Somerset County Campus of Allegany College of Maryland.
PLEASE NOTE THAT OPTION 1 IS NOT A RECOMMENDED ROUTE OF TRAVEL IN EXTREME WINTER CONDITIONS