ACM Retirees Association
Words of Welcome
We achieved our goal to establish an Allegany College of Maryland Retirees Association (ACMRA). The officers are Gene Hall, president; Patricia Andrews, vice president; Joyce White, secretary/treasurer; and Mona Clites, college advisor.
The following is a brief summary of our accomplishments:
- Each Fall and Spring a business meeting /luncheon or dinner is held for all members and their guest.
- ACMRA website activated on September 18, 2009.
- Two scholarships in the amount of $500 ($250 for each semester) have been established and are awarded each spring. Click here for more information.
- Revised bylaws of the association approved by the members present at the September 18, 2009 business meeting. (Revised bylaws now must be reviewed/approved by the Professional College Staff and the Board of Trustees.) Click here for more information.
- Three committees established: Scholarship, Social, and Communications.
- Minutes of the officers’ meetings posted on the website. Click here to read minutes.
- A Chronology for Establishing ACMRA prepared to document the process. (Informal/Formal). Click here for more information.
The Officers and members of ACMRA would like to express our appreciation to the ACM faculty, staff, and the Board of Trustees for their support and approval of the ACMRA.
If you have any suggestions on how we can enhance the Association, please let us know.