THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE VISION
The Therapeutic Massage Program will embrace life-long learning focusing on professional and personal growth.
THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE MISSION STATEMENT
The Therapeutic Massage Program is dedicated to graduate individuals who have a strong knowledge base and professional skills in therapeutic massage from the holistic wellness model. We focus on supporting students as they grow in self-awareness, professionalism, and community involvement. We commit to inspire the spirit of life-long learning.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Interact with clients in an effective manner that fosters mutual respect.
- Maintain an appropriate scope of practice through compliance with state regulations and pursue continuing education for the purpose of life-long learning.
- Assess clients employing a working knowledge of anatomy, physiology, kinesiology and pathology in order to create client-centered session plans.
- Discuss with the clients how therapeutic massage utilizes the holistic perspective of physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual effects including its benefits and limitations.
- Integrate into their practice an understanding of the basic business, ethical, legal, and social issues related to therapeutic massage.
- Make use of the tools learned regarding self-awareness for personal health and well being as well as to establish and to maintain a viable practice.
- Promote wellness and healthful living through client education and community involvement from a holistic perspective.