Program Mission, Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
To provide students with the skills and knowledge necessary to become successful radiologic technologists in a diverse and global society.
- To graduate students who are competent entry-level radiologic technologists.
- Students will be able to perform routine exams.
- Students will be able to assess routine patient vital signs.
- Students will practice proper radiation safety.
- To graduate students who will practice effective communication skills.
- Students will acquire the knowledge to successfully communicate with other members of the health care team.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Students will properly educate patients about exams.
- To graduate students who use critical thinking and problem'solving skills.
- Students will identify and perform nonroutine exams.
- Students will identify diagnostic images and correct non-quality images accordingly.
- Students will initiate the appropriate treatment in relation to emergency cases.
- To graduate students who demonstrate professional and ethical behavior.
- Students will provide professional care to all patients.
- Students will respond appropriately to ethical dilemmas.
- Students will demonstrate the values and ethics of a radiographer.
- To fulfill the needs of the surrounding health care community.
- The program will graduate 8o% of its starting class.
- Craduates will successfully complete the national registry and become registered radiologic technologists.
- Craduates, as well as employers, will evaluate the program positively.
- Graduates will obtain employment within 6 months of graduation from the program.