Minimum Requirements for Medical Assistant
Minimum requirements for admission to the clinical and practicum/externship phase of the Medical Assistant Program are as follows:
- Pass the Allegany College of Maryland Placement Assessment or successfully complete all courses as required.
- A minimum overall college grade point average of 2.0.
- Successful completion of a minimum of 13 semester hours of college-level course work chosen from the following list:
- Biological Science 100, Principles of Biology or Biological Science 101, General Biology
- Biological Science 201, Human Anatomy and Physiology or Biological Science 207, Anatomy and Physiology of the Human I
- English 101, Freshman English
- Medical Assistant 101, Introduction to Medical Assistant
- Office Technologies 110, Medical Terminology
- Current CPR Health Care Provider card
- Health record and background check required before placement in a practicum/externship site